Monday, September 12, 2011

Training Day 5--finally.

July 30, 2011

Finally made it to the last day of training!! We got to teach a lesson to 2 or 3 little Japanese kids and they are the cutest little kids ever! We all wanted to take one as like a souvenir. Apparently that's not allowed. I'm really surprised I haven't split my pants yet. We're constantly rolling around on the ground and standing up and sitting down. I just feel like it's a lot of stress on the fabric. Only time will tell. It's only been a week. Anyway, after the stress of the real lesson was over, I think we all kind of slacked off. My baby lesson was horrible. I think I dropped, choked, and stepped on my pretend baby multiple times in my 15 minute demo. Good thing we never actually use real babies.
After all the talking and countless pieces of paper they handed out, we had individual meetings with one of the trainers. They asked how we felt, if we had any questions, etc. But mostly it was just a fun chat session. Then they handed us a folder with useful tools to make cool props and our "cool biz" shirts. Are you kidding me? It's freaking orange. I also got a charcoal gray one, which I thought was cool because it's the same color as my car. But wait. Why did I only get two shirts? The first girl got five! Well this is just unfair. Oh that's right. People don't complain here. You get what you get and you don't get upset. Be thankful you even got shirts. Yay!
After all the meetings the trainers met us back at our dorms and walked us to a nice Japanese restaurant for dinner. It was good. Fish and beef and tempura. Dessert was two pieces of melon. You can see dinner holds much higher standards than dessert in this country. That's just wrong.

After dinner, we all went to karaoke at The Great Pumpkin! Even though they have a drink bar where you can pretty much get any kind of drink you want..including melon soda...we decided to sneak beer in from the 7-11 down the street. Best idea ever. We got trashed and sang Miley Cyrus' Party in the USA. It was glorious. It is unfortunate that we have to be up early to catch our trains to our designated cities though.








So..until next time! またね!
*********************************************
New vocabulary:
~カラオケ   it is pronounced kah-rah-oh-KEH   If it was spelled in English as Karioki, then the way we Americans say the word would be correct. But as you can see..it has an ra and ke. So... RA sounds like RAH. And the E makes an EH sound like in ELEPHANT. Let's just clear this up once and for all.    Karaoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment