Monday, December 5, 2011

さようなら トラビス! (Goodbye Travis!)

This week we sadly said goodbye to my co-NET, Travis. While his departure from our company has been sad, it has allowed us to meet Shawna (my new co-NET). She is so spunky and excited about everything. It's nice to see that energy in the office again. I lost that positive energy after my first week when I realized that I had no friends or anyone to hang out with during my first vacation. I hope she doesn't lose it!
I will miss Travis very very much. He was a wealth of information about the company and Japan and I don't know what I'm going to do without him. Since he had been here for 2 years, he was held responsible for pretty much anything that went wrong on behalf of the foreign teachers. I can't have that kind of responsibility. I've barely been here 4 months. It's still early in this game.
Anyway, to celebrate Travis and the new friends that have now joined our school, we all went out to karaoke and had a fabulous time! Here are some pictures from the evening!
I'm gonna miss that goofy face.






That was the office party. Now, let the real festivities begin......


With California Love playing in the background, we taught the Japanese ladies how to be real Cali gangsters
West-side (Really far west). For life. 



Manager sang the cutest song about salad. 








Shit got serious.

 We ended the night at Travis' favorite bar in downtown Shizuoka, Asobi Bar. We played darts and cards and took inappropriate pictures with some of the toys there.

I think she got a bullseye. 

あそび バー (Asobi Bar)






"Hello...hello...hello. I am glad to see you...I am glad to see you..."









またあそぼうね!(we'll hang again soon!)
What's that? You want to hear some karaoke? You're in luck. I took videos. Ever heard Ricky Martin in Japanese...it doesn't translate well, but enjoy. You're welcome. (still trying to get the video to work. Be patient).






It was a great way to celebrate. Travis, you will be missed greatly. Thanks for everything!! You're an amazing mentor and friend. Good luck and I will see you when I return to California. Until next time! またね!
<3 Allison
***************************************************
New Vocabulary:
~さようなら トラビス   sah-yo-nah-rah Toe-rah-bee-sue    Goodbye Travis!
~またあそぼうね  mah-tah-ah-so-bow-neh    We'll hang again soon!



1 comment:

  1. Sorry the video isn't working!! I don't know how to fix that at the moment...
    Please wait. I am working on the technical difficulties....

    ReplyDelete