Monday, September 19, 2011

That doesn't make much sense...

I appreciate this country and all that it has to offer, but sometimes things just don't make sense. I've put together a little list of things that I find very strange. As I accumulate more, I will add them on a different post, but here is what I have come up with thus far....


  1. The heat and humidity
  2. Wearing suits when I have to sit on the floor and roll around and play with babies
  3. Nothing opens until 10am
  4. Sleeping on the floor
  5. Television shows are mostly talk shows with TV personalities and singers doing stupid shit and eating. Food is most likely always involved
  6. The last bus from the train station to my house is at 9:37pm
  7. My toilet is in its own room on the opposite side of my apartment from my sink and shower.
  8. I don’t have a real trash bin near my apartment and I have to walk down the block to drop off my trash for pick up.
  9. 7-11s are cleaner and better stocked, but have no Slurpee machine
  10. Super old people can ride bikes, but I can’t
  11. I hang my clothes outside..there is no option for a dryer
  12. My microwave is also a toaster and an oven
  13. Vending machines are everywhere on the streets and sell drinks..cigarettes..beer…
  14. Commercials
  15. Five year old girls wear high heels on a regular basis
  16. People don’t wait on you at restaurants..you have to call the waitress or waiter over
  17. Their bread is only white and cut in extremely large slices
  18. Paying your bills at the convenience store
  19. They think the stop lights are red, yellow, and blue. Not green. It’s clearly green. 
  20. They don't eat or drink on the run. No Starbucks to go...
Until next time! またね!
****************************************************
New Vocabulary:
~ゴミの日   go-me-no-hi   trash day
~ちょっと変   cho-to-hen    a bit odd
~すみません   su-me-mah-sen    excuse me! (how to get the waitress' attention)
~信号   sheen-go     traffic light
~スタバ    su-tah-bah      Starbucks

1 comment:

  1. things that didnt make sense to me...
    1. your blog font was massive
    2. your background was not you

    I love the new look...keep writing and posting pics...

    ReplyDelete